Verdict: Environmentally Friendly, Made in America, Ethical, High Quality
Winter Water Factory makes brightly coloured, 100% organic cotton garments for kids and adults. They manufacture all of their clothing in the United States.
What They Sell: Women’s Clothing, Kid’s Clothing, Baby Clothing
Transparency: Somewhat Transparent. From the fabric to the final touches, all production takes place in America, following American labour and safety standards.
What They Are Doing Great:
- 100% Organic Cotton uses less water and pesticides for production, and is easier to recycle when the garment reaches the end of it’s life.
- Everything is Made in the U.S.A.
- High quality pieces in classic shapes will last a long time.
Room for Improvement:
- See Unanswered Questions, below.
Unanswered Questions: Emailed Dec 4 2015 to ask:
- Although American production means that workers are getting minimum wage and standard health and safety practices, many people say that a “Living Wage” in America is much higher than minimum wage. Are you going above and beyond for your employees and paying higher than minimum wage for labour?
- Do you attempt to use as little packaging as possible, or do you use biodegradable or recycled packaging?
- Do you use low impact, non-toxic or eco friendly dyes for your garments?
- Do you monitor energy usage and pollution, and have you made attempts to explore clean energy or energy-saving and renewable resources in your work places?