Verdict: Fair Trade, Ethical, Environmentally Friendly, Organic Cotton
PACT sells men’s and women’s basics: underwear, tights, leggings, boxers, t-shirts and hoodies. All of their clothes are organic cotton (sometimes blended with other stuff) and fair trade.
What They Sell: Men’s underwear, women’s underwear, pajamas, socks, shirts, baby clothing
Transparency: Very transparent. Although not everything is detailed per item as some other sites do, everything being fair trade certified and organic cotton certified means that all products were ethically made and eco friendly.
What They Are Doing Great:
- Fair Trade certified means that all along the supply chain, workers are guaranteed to be treated and paid fairly.
- Organic, GMO-free cotton is better for the environment (see our article here)
- Basic styles and construction techniques make these long lasting wardrobe options.
- All boxes and hang tags are recyclable.
Room for Improvement:
- They don’t track or make goals to reduce the amount of electricity, natural gas or hydro used in their supply chain (as per an email Jan 15 2016)
Emailed January 9 2016 to ask a few questions which have been reflected above as per their reply Jan 15 2016.