Verdict: Environmentally Friendly, B Corp, Fair Trade, Handmade, High Quality, Transparent Supply Chain, Ethical
Raven & Lily is a women’s lifestyle brand that is committed to empowering at-risk female artisans through fair wages and access to social programs, using eco friendly and organic locally sourced materials and giving back to the communities that supply the products.
What they sell: Women’s Clothing, Home Decor, Jewellery
Transparency: Very Transparent. Every collection is made by a different community of artisans (ie. Cambodia Collection, Malaysia Collection) with a focus on designs that maximise the potential of the workers in each country.
What They Are Doing Great:
- Fair trade standards mean that workers are paid a living wage for their work.
- Some collections are hand dyed using natural plants as dyes, which is healthier for the environment.
- Some collections use recycled fabrics that were overstock from other companies collections.
- Some collections (ie. the Cambodia collection) partner with zero waste factories.
- They partner with companies which support at-risk women (ie. women at risk for sex trafficking, HIV and AIDS, poverty, etc)
- Some collections feature organic cotton and other eco friendly or biodegradable materials.
- They use recycled paper and soy inks for all packaging and marketing materials.
Room for Improvement: