Verdict: Environmentally Friendly, Made in Canada, High Quality, Transparent Supply Chain, Ethical
Miik is a Canadian Company that produces high quality women’s clothing from ethically made and environmentally friendly fabrics.
What they sell: Women’s Clothing
Transparency: Very Transparent. There is an open discussion of the process behind creating the yarns used in the clothing, and the dyeing, milling, design, and clothing construction all take place in Canada at facilities near Toronto.
What They Are Doing Great:
- Fabrics include more sustainable and eco friendly options such as rayon made from bamboo, micro-modal and linen.
- Their rayon from bamboo is manufactured in a closed-loop process that recycles the chemicals instead of releasing them into the environment.
- Much of the production process is done in Canada which allows careful control over production processes and reduces the company’s carbon footprint.
- Designs are timeless and well made, meaning you need to replace them far less frequently.
- They practice environmental care in all aspects of their business, including recycling, using energy efficient fixtures, and organic, non-toxic cleaning products.
- They also give to non-profit causes they support as part of their business model.
Room for Improvement: