Cloud 9 Fabrics is a producer of 100% Organic Cotton fabrics on a wide variety of substrates (fabric types) from quilting cotton to gauze to corduroy!
What They Sell: Fabric
Transparency: Fairly Transparent. All cotton is certified organic, which means that workers are treated fairly even in the farming process, and eco-friendly low impact dyes are used, which is healthier for the planet and the people manufacturing the cloth.
What They Are Doing Great:
- 100% Organic Cotton uses no pesticides, less water, and is a responsible way of farming cotton.
- No toxic dyes or chemicals from the manufacturing process are being absorbed by your skin or being released into the water and earth.
- The materials are high quality and last a long time, which also has a positive environmental impact.
- They claim to use mills which are committed to ethical and responsible conduct.
Room for Improvement:
- They do not outline the steps they take to ensure fair treatment of workers in the mills in India, nor are the fabrics fair trade.
Unanswered questions: Emailed Apr 18 2016 to ask:
- Your fabrics are made in India. Can you outline what steps you take to ensure fair treatment and wages of workers, as well as factory safety and energy usage?
- Do you work to reduce packaging and use either biodegradable or recycled packaging and marketing materials?